The transportation sector encompasses roads, bridges, railways, ports, airports, metro, ropeway and transmission projects. These infrastructure projects make a substantial contribution to the growth of the country’s GDP and propel the development of all other businesses. However, issues such as funding, clearance, land acquisition, project execution, contractor non-performance, etc. constrain the development of an otherwise vibrant ecosystem.
We have helped various stakeholders such as government agencies, concessionaires, and contractors as well as financiers to overcome the operational and regulatory challenges through strategic legal planning. Our team has further demonstrated a prudent and active stance in dispute resolution as well as managing compliance risks in complex projects.
The services we render include:
- Assistance in reviewing, ensuring compliance and submitting the tender documents as well as reviewing Development / Concession Agreements in the bid stage itself.
- Assistance in incorporating Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV)
- Assistance in drafting and reviewing Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contracts, Joint Venture Agreements, shareholders Agreement and OMDA contract
- Assistance in establishing Claims Management and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the Client.
- Advising on domestic and cross-border legal, tax and regulatory issues including obtaining relevant licenses and approvals
- Dispute Resolution
- Entry Level Strategy Planning
- Transaction Compliance
- Support with land and acquisition and due diligence