Pramod is a Director at the Fox Mandal Bengaluru Office and handles the entire gamut of indirect tax practice of the firm. He has more than 23 years of professional experience in indirect taxes and was a tax partner for 10 years with a Big4 consulting firm. Over the years, he has provided many practical solutions to complex tax problems that were in line with the business objectives of his clients.
He has advised clients on structuring tax-efficient transaction models. He has further assisted in devising appropriate pricing strategies with respect to products imported from related parties and assisted in presenting the valuation matter before the Special Valuation Branch of the Customs Department. He has also assisted clients in seeking advance rulings/ clarifications on various issues.
Pramod has been involved in conducting indirect tax due diligence of several large companies. He has handheld several clients from various industries in transitioning from erstwhile indirect tax regime to GST regime in 2017.
Pramod has been interacting extensively with the indirect tax authorities and developed a good relationship with senior-level officials during the course of audit and investigations, assessments, representations, etc. on behalf of several multinational clients.
Pramod was seconded to PwC New York Office for 6 months to assist its global clients on indirect tax matters pertaining to operations across the world. He has been a regular speaker at seminars and written articles on topical issues in indirect taxation in various leading English business newspapers and magazines.
- Chartered Accountancy (CA) from ICAI
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (B. Com) from the University of Calcutta
- Attended advanced leadership program conducted by INSEAD Singapore
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Member of Indirect & State Taxes – Expert Committee of the Bengaluru Chamber of Commerce
- Published post budget tax analysis in leading business newspapers.
- Published articles on indirect tax treatment with regard to various topical issues
- Worked for 2 consecutive years as a member of PwC Young Partners’ Forum on various firm’s strategic issues.
- Awarded with PwC Chairman’s bonus for high performance on all business parameters.
Consumer Goods & Retail
Healthcare & Life sciences
Industrial, Manufacturing & Transportation