Sathya Prasad currently heads the Corporate Compliance vertical in the firm. He is a multi-skilled expert who is not just a Lawyer and a Company Secretary but also an Insolvency Professional. He has been seamlessly syndicating those roles to provide invaluable service to clients for over 15 years with particular expertise in corporate compliance, mergers & acquisitions, legal, due diligence, restructuring and insolvency.
An investment maven, Sathya offers critical advice on matters related to FDI & ODI, setting up of businesses in India and overseas, insolvency, restructuring and general advisory under Corporate & Insolvency Laws. He also engages in representations before various authorities like NCLT, ROC, RD, RBI & CLB.
He has advised and assisted many companies, including start-ups focusing on the manufacturing and service sector, aerospace and defence collaborations and non-profit organizations.
He has diversified experience of advising Government undertakings like HAL (JV-HALBIT) to world giants in the private sector like Facebook (setting up in India) and LinkedIn (Acquisition of SlideShare).
He has further demonstrated remarkable operational expertise regarding to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, ranging from giving legal opinions and advisory services, assisting with the voluntary liquidation process, conducting due diligence on behalf of resolution applicants and submission of resolution plans.
He has been a member of the CSR panel of the Chamber of Indian Industries, Karnataka, since 2018. He is also a member of the Aerospace and Aviation Expert Committee, and the Banking, Finance & Corporate Affairs Expert Committee of Bengaluru Chamber of Industry and Commerce (BCIC)
- Associate Company Secretary – Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- Qualified Insolvency Professional – Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)
- LLM (International Law) – Osmania University (OU)
- LLB – Osmania University (OU)
- PG Diploma in Patent Laws – NALSAR, Hyderabad
- B. Com – Osmania University (OU)
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh
- Insolvency & Bankruptcy Board of India.
- Member of CII Karnataka CSR Panel – from 2018
- Member of Aerospace and Aviation Expert Committee of Bengaluru Chamber of Industry and Commerce (BCIC) – from 2018
- Member of Banking, Finance & Corporate Affairs Expert Committee of BCIC — from 2016
- Revised MSME Definition: Impact Analysis, June 2020.
- Review of the Revised Foreign Direct Investment Policy Amendment, April 2020.
- Corporate Compliance Updates, Newsletter, April 2020.
- Corporate Compliance Updates, Newsletter, March 2020.
- Featured in Business Standard on Unitech takeover: Despite IBC and RERA, homebuyers find no relief.
Insolvency & Bankruptcy
Corporate & Commercial
Mergers and Acquisition (M&A)
Health Care & Life Sciences