Sushant Shetty from the Mumbai office is a Partner – Real Estate & Infrastructure Practice for the Western India region with particularly strong expertise in due diligence, investment, and acquisitions in real property including renewables projects and data center advisory. He was awarded the International Bar Association’s Annual Scholarship in 2012 and also serves as the Newsletter Editor of the International Bar Association’s Real Estate Section. He regularly speaks at international conferences and contributes insightful articles in leading national as well as international publications. His pro-active disposition as well as extraordinary legal and business acumen has made him an asset for the firm.
Sushant also handles general corporate matters dealing with capital structure, conventional financing, contracts, and entity formation including simple and complex structures involving joint ventures, corporations, partnerships, and trusts. He works closely with the agricultural sector. His clients include property owners, property funds, multinational corporations, property developers, local and international investors, statutory boards, banks and financial institutions.
- BLS/ LLB, Government Law College, 2009
- Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa
- ‘Lacunae in SEBI’s proposed REIT regulation in India’ – January, 2015 – IBA’s Asia Pacific Regional Forum Newsletter
- ‘Coasting Along The Waters Of Fate: An Analysis Of The Supreme Court View’ – November 2019 – IBA’s Asia Pacific Regional Forum Newsletter
- ‘E(law)vating Your Thoughts’ – August, 2020 – Elevator World (India edition), the premier journal for the international building transportation industry
- ‘Careers in Law’ detailing a career in law – the courses, institutions, co-curricular activities, and actual practice in the Education Reckoner – 2017.
- Regular columnist for legal advice with respect to property and co-operative society laws in leading erstwhile daily newspaper DNA and publishing articles of interest.
- Awarded the International Bar Association Scholarship, 2012 for research paper titled ‘Structuring Real Deals: Aiming for “True Value” in Real Estate Transactions’ attended its Annual Conferences held
- in Dublin
- Ireland in 2012
- Boston, USA in 2013
- Rome, Italy in 2018
- Seoul, South Korea in 2019
- Its 11th Annual Real Estate Investments Conference in Dubai, UAE.
- Speaker at the International Bar Association Annual Conference in Seoul, South Korea in September 2019 on the topic ‘Saving the ‘Seoul’ of the city – the rebirth of downtown’ highlighting the challenges of development of heritage properties in Mumbai.
- Speaker at the International Bar Association’s webinar on the topic ‘Force majeure and real estate contracts – a comparative jurisdiction analysis of Covid-19’ held on May 26, 2020.
- Speaking at leading private sector banks on ‘Drafting of Wills & Succession Laws’ for their HNI and senior citizen clientele.
Infrastructure & Energy
Data Center and IT/ ITeS
Industrial Unit, Park and SEZ
Warehousing & Logistics
Residential, Commercial & Township Development
Agriculture & Forestry