Santosh is a pragmatic and proficient expert whose cognizance of IP issues and dexterity in resolving them is discernible. He advices on a range of IP services spanning acquisition, advisory, portfolio management, transactional, enforcement and dispute resolution.
He is also known to be on the ball when it comes to Sports Law. Some notable sports matters dealt with by him are assisting FICA in recovering their members’ dues from ICL-Zee Group and advising them on various contractual issues, assisting Sports Management entities in contractual issues and sports companies in planning, structuring setting up leagues, including forming policies and related documentations etc.
His IP expertise has put Media and Entertainment practice right in his wheelhouse where he has assisted clients on issues related to development, production, acquisition and distribution of contents; production and distribution of motion pictures, television and electronic media rights; music publishing; sponsorship deals and technology-related transactions.
His passion for IP and self-starter disposition has led him to attain prominence in major committees of global organizations. He has also been leading and assisting the firm in various roles, including strategy and business management, for the past several years.
Santosh also has years of experience advising on technology related transactions, data protection and privacy law issues. Under his guidance, the firm has attained top tier positions for its patent, copyright and trademark practices by renowned international journals.
- LLB – Bengaluru University
- M.B.L. – University of Lucknow
- B.Sc. (Biology) – University of Lucknow
- Bar Council of Karnataka (India)
- Patent Agent – Indian Patent Office
- Member of Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Active Member in International Trademark Association (INTA):
- Charter Member, TiE-Bengaluru (2016 onwards)
- Founder Member of Worldwide IP Network IP-PG
- Ranked as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ by Legal500 -Asia Pacific Guide 2022 for Intellectual Property Practice.
- Ranked as one of Top IP Lawyers in 2021 by Asian Legal Business.
- Ranked as ‘Recommended Lawyer’ by Legal500 in their Asia-Pacific 2021 Ranking.
- One of India’s Top 15 IP Lawyers Ranked by Asian Legal Business, 2020
“He is communicative, he has called me to explain some of the written communications that could have been ambiguous. He has a clarity of the law and the ability to leverage Intellectual property. He has helped us to make decisions on which applications need not be pursued as it was unlikely it would have been awarded.” – Asialaw
“The team pays attention to detail. The senior partner sat on a discussion with our inventors to understand the concept and helped write the draft. The prior art search was very relevant and helped shorten the time it took us to file.” – Asialaw
‘Santosh Vikram Singh is a great practitioner particularly in the trade mark arena; responsive, proactive, and knowledgeable.’ – Legal 500
Fox Mandal Blog
- Marrakesh Treaty: Making Literature Accessible to All – Oct, 2021
- Online Games Involving Money Now Banned in Karnataka – Oct, 2021
- The Messi Exit: A legal & Financial Perspective – Oct, 2021
- Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code: Shifting Paradigm of Social & Digital Media Platforms – Sep, 2021
- Influencer Advertising in Digital Media Comes Under the Purview of ASCI’s Self-Regulation – June 2021.
- PhonePe Vs. BharatPe Case: No Exclusivity Over a Part of a Mark, Not Even by Misspelling It – May, 2021
- BigBasket vs DailyBasket Saga – May, 2021
- Technological Doping’: A Threat To Equity In Sports – Jan, 2021
- The Concussion Conundrum – Dec, 2020 ·
- The Rise Of Fantasy Sports In India – Dec, 2020
- The football transfer: How the Barcelona – Messi matter turned murky – Nov, 2020
- BCCI’s Anti-Doping Saga – Aug 2019
- Arraying of the unknown party as the main Defendant disallowed – June, 2019
- PepsiCo Vs. Potato Farmers: A Legal Take – May 2019
- 35th MARQUES Annual Conference on ‘ Influencer Marketing: Legal Challenges and to-do’s in an International Context’, 2021
- CII-Yi, 10th Entrepreneurship Summit, Be.NXT on ‘Effective IP Strategy for Start-ups.’, 2021
- ‘Handling Legal Job Search Amid Pandemic’, August 2020
- Online Gaming Advertisements To Be Self Regulated – Dec, 2020
- Govt. Takes The First Step Towards Regulating OTT Platforms In India –Nov, 2020
Technology, Media & Entertainment
Consumer Products & Retail
Healthcare & Life sciences
Technology, Media & Telecom