Orijit has more than 22 years of legal expertise in corporate law, mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructuring and insolvency & bankruptcy. His professional ethics, time management and strong understanding of briefs have enabled the firm’s Kolkata office to deliver eclectic solutions and services in alignment with clients’ expectations.
Orijit has, through his long association with the firm, steered and given shape to the Kolkata office’s legal practise in the areas of corporate law along with commercial litigation, civil litigation and arbitration. He has appeared in various courts and Tribunals across the country and successfully handled matters on behalf of clients.
Orijit attends to his clients with care and patience for a better understanding of their individual requirements and objectives. He believes in extending the comfort and time they deserve to build a relationship of trust and confidence.
His dedication to the firm, his passion to provide innovative solutions and determination to devise sophisticated and agile strategies have brought him appreciation from his colleagues and clients over the course of his rich legal career.
- Bsc (Hons), LLB – Calcutta University / Burdwan University
- Bar Council of West Bengal
- Incorporated Law Society of Calcutta
‘Orijit Chatterjee worked most closely with us. He stood out with his detailed engagement in the particulars of each stage of the discussion, and close coordination with our counsels.’ – Client Testimonial in Legal500 Asia Pacific Guide 2023
- Speaker at Realty+ Real Estate Legal Conclave – 2023 on ‘IBC: Status, Rights & Resolution
- Speaker on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws in India – German Technology Day event – 2020 hosted by the Government of Assam.
- Assisted and advised various individuals in relation to general litigation and property issues on a pro-bono basis.
- Trustee at ‘Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose Trust” under which the residential house (Acharya Bhavan) of Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose. It is being converted into a state of the Art museum under grant from the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Banking & Finance
Bankruptcy & Insolvency
M&A and Cross Border Transactions
Restructuring & Reorganization
FDI & ODI
Consumer Products & Retail