Kaustuv Chunder is a partner stationed in the Kolkata office having almost four decades of experience as a general practice lawyer. Kaustuv has developed a solid track record assisting clients across wide-ranging industry sectors with a particular focus on litigations and alternate dispute resolutions in the fields of civil, commercial and banking as well as commercial contracts and labour issues.
Kaustuv is a fourth-generation lawyer associated with the firm since 1982. He has substantive experience in handling infrastructure construction-related disputes, labour and human resources issues, company matters, transfer of immovable property-related issues, testamentary and intestate succession issues, writ matters under the Indian constitution, etc.
He has given opinions and advised clients, including many public sector undertakings, private sector enterprises, financial institutions, private commercial establishments and small business houses, in addition to numerous individuals and families. Most of Kaustuv’s clients are engaged in manufacturing, industrial, banking, financial, real estate, infrastructure, logistics and environmental sectors.
He has also been involved in matters related to the commercial activities of several foreign enterprises. Moreover, he has advised pro-bono and guided several economically confronted individuals in cases of oppression and unfair deprivations.
- LLB – Calcutta University
- BA – Political Science with Economics
- Bar Council of West Bengal
- Supreme Court Bar Association
- Incorporated Law Society– High Court of Calcutta
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- Client Choice Awards for Litigation, Expert Witnesses Practice, 2022: Lexology
- Recommended Lawyer: Labour & Employment 2021, 2022, 2023: Legal 500
- Quote shared on ‘Air India Needs to Rework on its Customer Centricity’ with MediaNews4u
- Enhancing Business Responsibility of India Inc. Through ESG Disclosures
- Force Majeure: Evolution of Jurisprudence in India Post COVID-19
- Interview with Indian Law Watch
- Webinar on: Re-Calibrating Contracts and Collaborations-during Covid-19 & Beyond, April 2020.
Corporate & Commercial
Employment & Human Resources
Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
Infrastructure, Transportation and Logistics