M:+91 94498 37538
Rajesh is the go-to lawyer for tech startups and innovators who wish to enter the big league. As partner at Fox Mandal’s Bangalore office, he leads the technology and startup team while also overseeing the Corporate Governance and Capital market division. Rajesh plays a significant role in augmenting the thought leadership of the firm and is regularly published in leading newspapers in the country.
Rajesh’s expertise lies in providing strategic advice on Intellectual Property, Information Technology Laws, Data privacy and E-Commerce, Investment and Securities law.
He has extensively worked with tech entities in the retail, fashion, finance and defence sectors advising them on contractual arrangements with various stakeholders and helping them cruise through regulatory and liability issues, preparing policies relating to sourcing, designing, manufacturing, product endorsements, supply chain, warehousing, imaging, content publications cataloguing and copyrights
Over the years he has provided a range of practical solutions on e-commerce, telecom licencing, software product licensing, software development agreements, ODCs, outsourcing contracts, data privacy & GDPR, IP patents and infringement actions, enforcement of trademark in the social media environment, trademark registrations, filing and prosecution.
He also helps clients deal with product liability issues, legal metrology and FSSAI related concerns, raising private equity and debt financing, creating corporate governance structure, SEBI settlement procedures and also takes up oppression and mismanagement matters before NCLT.
Rajesh often represents emerging start-ups and handholds them at early stage, acting as their mentor in their legal function, many a times pro-bono.
- LLM – London School of Economics and Political Science (ongoing)
- MBL – National Law School of India University
- BAL, LLB – University of Calicut
- Bar Council of Karnataka
- ITECH law
- Was a Monthly columnist on tech law for more than a year in The Practical lawyer.
- Coronavirus lockdown: Time for businesses to renegotiate contracts to avoid catastrophic fallouts, April 2020.
- Personal Data Protection Bill: Will it Disrupt our Data Ecosystem? July 17, 2019
- Why the personal data protection bill falls short: What this means for the common man, August 31, 2018
- How Fundamental are Privacy Rights? July 26, 2017
- Webinar on: Re-Calibrating Contracts and Collaborations-during Covid-19 & Beyond, April 2020
- When firm delists amid Covid-19: Independent directors face testing times, May 2020.
Information Technology and Telecom Law
Intellectual Property Rights
Technology, Media & Telecom
Consumer Products & Retail
E-commerce and Digital platforms