News

Madhya Pradesh Esports Academy to be Launched Soon

The Madhya Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Department is taking a notable step by establishing India’s first esports academy. The academy is expected to be set up this month, i.e., August. It is reported that the selection process for admission will involve a talent search spanning over ten days, from July 23, 2023, to August 7, 2023, when the MP State Junior Esports Championship is scheduled to be held.

However, only players aged 12 to 17 were eligible to participate in the championship, and the last registration date was July 23, 2023. The selected esports athletes would receive 12 months of coaching and esports education without any charges. Further, 80% of the seats are reserved for the State’s esports players, and the remaining 20% are for players from other states.

The State’s Sports Minister, Yashodhara Raje Scindia, explained that the goal of setting up an esports academy was to “promote all such sports that have a presence in the Asian Games and Olympics”.