INFORM: Sports Law- May 2023
Here is the May edition of the ‘Inform: Sports Law’ publication. We endeavour to provide a synopsis of key developments in sports, esports, and gaming laws in India, as well as to engage with stakeholders in these fields.
The Indian sports arena continues to witness an increased focus on strengthening the regulatory framework through legislative changes and court pronouncements.
The highlights of the current issue are:
- Centre Urges Media Not to Publish Ads of Betting Platforms
- Abhinav Bindra and MM Somaya Are Now Part of the Committee Overseeing Funds’ Allocation to Sports Federations
- Delhi Police Registers FIRs Against WFI President on Charges of Sexual Harassment
- BCCI Office Bearers Now Eligible for USD 1000 Daily Allowance on Foreign Trips
- Tax Authorities Identify Offshore Gambling Entities Evading GST
- RP Singh Appointed Chairman of Hockey India’s Selection Committee
- Sports Minister Unveils App to Identify Prohibited Substance in Medicines
- AFI Rolls Out Whistle-Blower Policy to Tackle Doping & Age Fraud in Track and Field
- STAIRS Foundation Launches Initiative to Promote Sports Development at Grassroots Level
Case Laws –
- In Cricket NFT Case, Rario’s Plea for Interim Injunction Against MPL & Striker Rejected
- Stay Order Issued on TN Rules Amendment Permitting Alcohol Consumption at Sports Events