Here is the February edition of the ‘Inform: Sports Law’ publication. We endeavour to provide a synopsis of key developments in sports, esports, and gaming laws in India, as well as to engage with stakeholders in these fields.
The Indian sports arena continues to witness an increased focus on strengthening the regulatory framework through legislative changes and court pronouncements.
The highlights of the current issue are:
- AIFF Releases Vision 2047.
- Law Commission Asks MeitY to Put a Hold on the Draft Online Gaming Rules.
- MeitY Holds Meeting with E-Sport Athletes on Draft Online Gaming Rules.
- IOA Forms a Seven-Member Committee Upon Receipt of Sexual Harassment Complaint Against WFI President.
- Dutee Chand Provisionally Suspended on Account of Doping Charges.
- NADA Appeal Panel Reduces Period of Ban Imposed on Javelin Thrower Shivpal Singh.
21-Month Ban Imposed on Dipa Karmakar for the Use of a Prohibited Substance.
- AIFF signs MoU with LNIPE to set up the Centre of Referees’ Excellence.