INFORM: Sports Law- April 2023
Here is the April edition of the ‘Inform: Sports Law’ publication. We endeavour to provide a synopsis of key developments in sports, esports, and gaming laws in India, as well as to engage with stakeholders in these fields.
The Indian sports arena continues to witness an increased focus on strengthening the regulatory framework through legislative changes and court pronouncements.
The highlights of the current issue are:
- Paris 2024 Paves the Way for Gender Equality.
- BCCI comes out with New Rules for IPL 2023.
- Aggrieved Parents write to BAI over the Issue of Age Fraud in Badminton.
- NADA and NCERT enter into MoU to Promote Sports Education among Students.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Passes Bill to Ban Online Gaming Again.
- Uttar Pradesh cabinet comes out with New Sports Policy 2023.
- Sportradar’s Report Reveals 34% Increase in Suspicious Matches in 2022.
- World Athletics Approves New Regulations for Transgender Athletes.
- Former Rugby Players File Concussion Lawsuit Against Sports Governing Bodies
- FIFA Releases Guidelines for Mediation Proceedings.
- NADA Disciplinary Panel Imposes 4-Year Ban on Weightlifter Sanjita Chanu.
Case Laws –
- Delhi HC Dismisses Plea of Women Boxers, Upholds Rejection of their Candidature.
- Madras HC Restrains Police from Taking Coercive Action Against Online Gaming Firm.
- Delhi HC orders EFI to select more Equestrians as Asian Games Probables.